Home - Ministries - Care & Support
Board of Deacons:
The office of Deacon as set forth in scripture is one of sympathy, friendship and service.
Deacons are elected by the active members of the congregation to serve a caring ministry to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith. They are set apart for this special work in a Service of Ordination. They serve a term of three years and can be re-elected to a second term. Three youth deacons also minister to young members of the church congregation.
This group’s ongoing activities may include the following:
· Home visits to families entrusted to their care
· Hospital or nursing home visits to the sick
· Arranging deliveries of meals to families experiencing loss or distress
· Financial assistance during emergencies
· A listening ear
· Coordination of funeral luncheons
· Provide “breads from around the world” for yearly World Communion Sunday
· Assist the Pastor in serving communion or other worship activities
· Host fellowship activities and celebrations following the Sunday worship
Communicating important news or announcements to the church membership is enabled by an automated telephone calling service operated out of the church office.
Support organizations meet in our church building and available to the entire community outside of this church.